Headers in Master Pages

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by Brian White, May 3, 2017.

1. Brian White

Brian White New Member

I am attempting to develop a template for my letters, with a header of contact information on the first page, but not on later pages. However, I can't find out how to do this using the master page of the template.

The information is probably in the Papyrus Author manual, but I can't find out how to search the manual. I'm sure the answer is simple, but I can't find out how to do it.

Your help would be appreciated.

Brian

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Administrator Staff Member

A master page ist like a page template. So for every majorly different kind of page layout in your document, you create a new master page and then tell Papyrus which pages should use which master page.

In this case, we make one new master page "First Page" for p1 and just keep the default master page "Standard" for all following.

Create a new master page with "New Master Page":
    upload_2017-5-3_16-40-15.png

Then assign it to page one:
    upload_2017-5-3_16-41-51.png

Set like this, all new pages will have the "Standard" master page. If you wanted to finish your document, for example, also with a header, you could then assign that last page to the "First Page" master page again (which I would then call "first and last page" to avoid confusion).

To edit the header of your master page, just have your text cursor in the type of page you want to edit. So to add a header to "First Page", we'll click into page one and then open the page layout. All the following pages have "Standard", so they won't be affected.

upload_2017-5-3_16-51-42.png

To enter the master page (and edit headers, footers, etc.), double click outside of the text-area in your page, or click on the current page number for a prompt.
    upload_2017-5-3_17-15-25.png

Now you have a document with a "first page design" and "following pages design."

Here's a very simple example document:

Attached Files:

3. Brian White

Brian White New Member

Thanks Hendrik,

I remember now.

Brian